Wednesday, January 23, 2008

The Phoenix

Sooo I do believe I am FINALLY finished with the Phoenix. UGH! I have to say this was the HARDEST painting, the way that I used the brush and did the brush strokes made it take a VERY long time but it was worth it because my favorite part of the entire painting is without a doubt the brush strokes. For the first part of this painting I thought a lot about the story of the phoenix and it's rebirth through fire and all that and it just amazed me. The analogy of in order to be made new you have to go through fire (fire is usually equated with hell) to be reborn or born again. It made me very thankful for my beliefs. Forgiveness is a HUGE part of my belief and I think that forgiveness plays a big part in being reborn. I think of every day as a chance to be reborn in a way. You start each day being able to make completely different choices than you made yesterday. I love love LOVE choices and I thank God that He gave me that freedom but sometimes I really wish He hadn't because then I wouldn't ever have to take responsibility for the stupid things I do :P lol! But like I mentioned earlier there is forgiveness and again Thank you LORD!!!!
Anyways, here is my labor of love of the phoenix :S I really would like to try this one again because I learned quite a bit this time around. Hope you enjoy it A LOT :D


This painting is priced at $175.00

Psalm 130:4 But there is forgiveness with You,That You may be feared.

No comments:

Google