Friday, February 8, 2008

Acrylics

Ok I've been working mostly with tempera paint and well if you have ever finger painted you have used tempera paint. It's cheap and a very easy thing to paint with, however, I feel that while I've been painting with it my pieces have looked well at least reminded me a little too much of a finger painting. So with that said I decided to work with a new medium, I've now tried oils, love the fact that they don't dry fast and I also HATE that fact because how in the world am I ever to get anything done when all of the colors are smearing together??? I've always loved water color and I'm thinking I need to work some more with that. Acrylics however I've never worked with but love the look of them when I've seen them used. Sooo.... I decided to try my hand at acrylics. Hating the fact that it dries faster than I can blink but other than that I'm enjoying them so I do believe I'll be working with them a little more depending on if I can afford them LOL!!! So here is my first acrylic painting... hope you like it at least a little :D

No comments:

Google