Friday, June 4, 2010

An aching heart.


I just read a very beautiful blog that you can read for yourself at http://gingerbreadcrumbsandcompany.blogspot.com/2010/05/fair-weathered-friend.html
It brought tears to my eyes because I know this all too well. There are some friends that are just too much to bear, their sadness and sorrows seem to come by the truckloads. With so many family members that get many sorrows of their own I am far too often a fair weather friend to ones that I love. Sometimes we just have to step out and away from all their troubles in order to do what does the most, pray. There are times when I have been so inundated by their troubles and many of my own that I can't see the light that I so desperately need in those times. The clouds roll in and there is no lightning to even brighten or light the darkest time. I hope and pray with all my heart that this sweet woman knows how much her friend cared for her as I hope and pray that the friends that I have not been able to be there for know how much I care for them and that although I may not be there physically in their darkest hours, I am there praying and asking God to lift them up, for He can uplift far higher than I could ever hope to.
Psalm 30:5 (NKJV) For His anger is but for a moment, His favor is for life; weeping may endure for a night, but joy comes in the morning.

2 comments:

Just A Girl said...

Hello! You came by my blog the other day and I'm just now stopping by to say "thank you." Your photographs are so beautiful. There's a certain peacefulness that surrounds them. Oh, and thanks for the sweet words about my fair-weathered friend post. It's sad but I think many of us feel that way all too often.

xox Cori

vblissart@gmail.com said...

Thank YOU!! My goal in my photos is to show God's beauty and I hope that I accomplish that even in the peacefulness :D Thank you so much!!

Google